ATTENTION ASSOCIATE MEMBERS!
August 20th, 2014
Clarion Hotel (950 Newtown Pike)
Register NOW for your booth! WE WILL SELL OUT!
Check to see what booths are AVAILABLE!
Move Out Madness!
Hippo Crate has donated storage crates to be placed at two Lexington apartment communities –
Newtown Crossing and Campus Courts at Red Mile.
The crates will be placed at each property for one week during their busiest move-out times this summer,
allowing tenants to place their unwanted furniture and items inside.
Campus Court at Red Mile- July 16-July 23rd
Newtwon Crossing- July 26- August 2
July Green Tips
Waste reduction is more than just recycling; it also includes creating less waste from the start. Use these tips to reduce waste in your everyday life!
- When shopping, buy in bulk and avoid overly packaged items.
- Don’t forget your reusable shopping bags!
- Use both sides of paper when printing or use back of already printed paper for scrap paper.
- Purchase recycled items by looking for post-consumer recycled products such as copy paper and toilet paper.
- Utilize reusable items, like coffee cups and water bottles, instead of disposable, plastic or Styrofoam (polystyrene) ones.
- Provide condiments in large dispensers, instead of small individual packets in an office.
- Donate used equipment and furniture to local charities, instead of disposing of them.
- Use permanent non-disposable coffee filters, which are easy to use and clean, and can be used numerous times.
- Pack a waste free lunch.
- Avoid harsh or toxic household cleaners and chemicals; use alternative cleaners instead.
- Save gently used school supplies for the following school year.