CODE OF ETHICS
We, the members of the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., recognize our duty to the public, the apartment resident, the owner and/or manager, the suppliers and vendors of the apartment industry, and to each other as members, and being aware of the vastly increasing role of the apartment industry in providing the home of the future, do, in order to maintain the apartment industry with the maximum quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, hereby bind ourselves, together and alone, agreeing that so long as we remain members of the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful we shall:
- Maintain and operate our rental properties in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competition, ever mindful of the purpose of the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., and in compliance with the Charter and By-Laws thereof;
- Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and the progress and dignity of the apartment industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served;
- Seek to provide better value and quality of product and service so that a even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living;
- Establish high ethical standards of conduct amongst other members and the public, in general, including rental agencies, suppliers and others doing business with the apartment industry;
- Respect the right of competitors and colleagues to determine the value of their products and services;
- Believe in the sanctity of contracts, oral or written, and their enforcement through appropriate procedures;
- Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud the apartment residing public and to aid in the exposure of those responsible;
- Not deny equal professional services to any person for reasons of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap, sexual orientation and gender identity. Further, a member of the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., shall not be a participant in any plan or agreement to any discrimination against person(s) on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, familial status, handicap, sexual orientation and gender identity.
On the Code, we, the members of the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., declare our desire to provide better housing, products and services to all people and deal in equity with each other and the public.
The powers to interpret, administer and enforce all provisions hereof shall be vested in an Ethics Committee comprised of three (3) members of the Board of Directors who shall have the power to recommend to the Board of Directors appropriate action up to and including expulsion of any member found to be in violation of this Code. By joining the Greater Lexington Apartment Association, Inc., a member agrees to abide by this Statement of Ethics and to be subject to the authority of the Ethics Committee in the event of any complaint of a violation hereof, in accordance with its adopted procedures.